By Emily Orton
It’s been a little over a year since I joined Superior Consulting Services (SCS), and it was without a doubt a smart career move. I was welcomed with open arms, felt very comfortable from day one, and I have been able to grow friendships with many of my coworkers throughout the company. Research shows that camaraderie, trust and pride outweigh other factors when it comes to happiness at work, and I couldn’t agree more!
A career at SCS is unlike any other company. Here are just a few of the great benefits of working at SCS:
- Challenges. Working with SCS has been challenging in the sense that I’ve pushed myself to do better in every aspect of my job each day. The support and motivation from the team has certainly helped. There are many opportunities to grow with this company and I can already see that I have grown as a person. Taking on new tasks and roles has given me a feeling of accomplishment, plus a sense of honor that I can be accountable for some decisions made within the company.
- Variety. Each day brings on a new task – I’m never really sure what will be thrown my way, but I always look forward to what it may be! The variety of this job, our clients and consultants, makes every day interesting and everyone is always on top of their game. I really enjoy learning about new clients coming in and how we can help them. I love knowing that we have the ability to help so many others with their business needs!
- Camaraderie. Not only is learning about other clients fun, but learning about coworkers as individuals is fun as well. I’ve been fortunate enough to come into a work environment that goes above and beyond thoughtful thinking for its employees. We have some great team-building activities: Anything from company picnics, to “Let’s Dish,” — even fantasy football. It makes us come together and enjoy each other outside of the 9 to 5.
- Communication. Aside from all the fun, we also have quarterly meetings that keep employees in the loop. I have found these to be very helpful in knowing how the company is doing, how we’re growing, and what we can look forward to in the future. These meetings usually include lunch, some chatting and an overview of the past few months. Even though they’re work-related, I always enjoy seeing everyone gather at these meetings because once again, SCS always makes it a good time.
- Community Involvement. With all the business work we do, we also like to make time for community and charity work – I find that very inspirational (a popular sentiment with employees and customers across the country)! Recently we have been working on a food drive for 360 Communities, and we have successfully exceeded our goal! Along with that, on your one-year anniversary with the company, SCS makes a donation in your name to a charity of your choice. What an amazing thing to do for others. I believe that in times like this, giving back makes a company strong. Life is more than work all the time – it almost becomes like a family to you.
I truly am thankful to be part of a team with so much hard work and dedication that I’m proud to be an SCS employee!