Business Intelligence has become an extremely important component in decision making in business today. Business Intelligence encompasses a variety of subject areas and skills. With this being said, it can be very time consuming and expensive to get actionable answers out of your data. Thankfully, Superior Consulting Services is releasing a new product “Heliograph” that covers multiple areas of Business Intelligence and is very user friendly. This blog contains eight areas of Business Intelligence that Heliograph covers, what the industry is looking for in each respective area and how Heliograph fits into each area.
- Many businesses have multiple data sources. It can be difficult to wrangle all that data to produce actionable insights.
- Heliograph leverages Microsoft’s best-of-breed data modeling tools to allow data from multiple sources to be combined. These data models can be leveraged by other analytics environments as well as Heliograph. Data in these data models is curated by data professionals within the organization. This ensures that only quality and accurate data is used in the Heliograph reports and throughout the enterprise.
Data Driven Culture
- With the amount of data being obtained, it has become significantly easier to make important decisions based on data rather than impulse.
- Using Heliograph as a basis for your decision making removes the guess work. A business user will have multiple options to view their data. This will allow them to efficiently explore their data and base their decisions on what the data is telling them and not qualitative factors.
Data Discovery / Visualization
- Data visualizations have become a valuable tool to quickly analyze data and to produce relevant insights. Business users are looking for their data visualization tools to be easy to use, flexible and want to be able to handle large volumes of data and a variety of data.
- Heliograph users can very quickly and easily view a high volume of data while having options to view data in tabular or chart format.
Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics tools
- Another actionable insight a business user would like to take with their data is being able to perform predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Heliograph is built using Microsoft Analysis Services for data modeling. This platform allows for the creation of predictive and prescriptive measures. This content can then be seamlessly incorporated into Heliograph ad hoc reports.
Collaborative Business Intelligence
- With numerous companies transitioning to working remote, collaborating with coworkers has taken a different look. Collaborative business intelligence can be difficult for businesses to obtain, especially efficiently.
- Each report option in Heliograph allows a user to easily download, export and share that report. Heliograph makes it very simple to share with other business users that would also benefit from using or seeing their report.
- Business never stops and our lives are always busy and on the go. Luckily, all Heliograph capabilities are also mobile-friendly. Mobile BI has become one of the most prominent trends in our world today and business users look for the ability to access their data however and whenever they want it.
- Heliograph users can access all their data and reports on a mobile device in the same way they are able to access them on the web version. This allows users to access their data and reports anytime and anywhere.
- Contacting the IT department each time a user would like new data can be costly and inefficient. Automating the data process will eliminate bottle necks and decrease time to insights.
- Leveraging the Microsoft data analytics environment, allows data to be set up to refresh automatically as desired. This give users confidence the data they are analyzing is always the most accurate and up to date.
- Businesses have recognized the potential of embedding various BI solutions such as KPI dashboards or reports into their own application and thus improving their decision-making processes and increasing productivity Businesses today are looking for a tool with the potential of embedding various BI solutions into their own applications and website.
- Heliograph reports can be embedded into an existing intranet or application. Not just an image, but the live report. In addition, the entire Heliograph authoring environment can be branded and integrated into an intranet, website, or custom application. This increases efficiency and ease of use as a user is able to access all of the features of Heliograph on their existing solution or website to improve their decision-making process.
Heliograph has additional features that set it apart. It very intuitive and built with end users in mind. This will also help save time and money for your IT department. IT can focus on maintaining and enriching the data model rather than spending time handling new report requests. With little to no training any end user will be able securely generate reports, analyze their data and make better data driven decisions.