Foam Injection Mold Company (FIMC) is a B2B operation that creates a variety of promotional products. We met the owners, John and Dustin, in 2018 when they took over FIMC from their parents and sought our help upgrading legacy technology. Over the past couple of years, we’ve had the privilege of providing FIMC with many effective IT business solutions.
The Latest Challenge
This past winter, we implemented reporting solutions to deliver information externally to FIMC suppliers and distributors. At a recent meeting with John and Dustin, they let us know that the dashboards and reports provided by these solutions have proved to be very popular. However, that popularity has led to many suppliers and distributors asking for their own customized versions of these reports.
FIMC does not have the resources to create and maintain all of these custom reports. Instead, John and Dustin said they would like a way to empower their suppliers and distributors to create their own custom reports. They went on to state that they didn’t want this solution to create additional work, training and supporting these external users. Finally, they stated strongly that the new solution had to integrate with both the existing internal data analytics environment we created for them and with the new external reporting environment we just implemented.
After carefully considering FIMC’s needs and goals, we determined that this situation was the perfect environment for our new product, Heliograph. Heliograph offers a fresh approach to customized reporting:
- Users can easily create, edit, execute and manage custom reports.
- Reports can be created in less than two minutes with guidance each step of the way.
- The report authoring process ensures well-performing and accurate reports the first time, every time.
- Reports can be run automatically, with user input or even scheduled for automatic email delivery.
- Accurate, enterprise-wide reporting is made possible by leveraging the same enterprise-wide analytics infrastructure used for all of FIMC’s existing reporting and analysis.
- The custom reports are visualized using standard SQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI reports so they blend seamlessly with existing reports and dashboards in both environments.
A Solution that Shines Bright
The rollout of Heliograph has been a big success for FIMC. Suppliers and distributors have embraced the product and are thrilled to be creating their own custom reports to meet their personalized data needs. One of their distributors went so far as to describe Heliograph reporting as “Life changing!”
At the same time, Heliograph has been implemented with no disruption to FIMC’s existing IT and analytics environment and workload. Only minor additions were required in FIMC’s existing data model and reporting infrastructure to integrate Heliograph. Very minimal training was required to get the suppliers and distributors started on creating their own reports.
Heliograph proved so popular with their external users that now many internal users are leveraging the tool for their own data needs as well. From C-level executives to frontline supervisors, Heliograph’s speed of report authoring and ease-of-use are just the thing for creating their own custom data visualizations. They can see exactly what they want when they want it.
We continue to enjoy our partnership with FIMC, helping streamline their business operations, and look forward to offering additional IT solutions in the future.