Challenge 44 – Add Text to Me
To perform effectively as a software application developer, one must be acquainted with various facets of application development. To test the skills of application developers, Superior Consulting Services (SCS) offers a series of technical coding challenges designed to challenge and educate application developers. This blog addresses problem solving and algorithm development, and presents SCS’ forty fourth (44th) challenge: Add Text to Me.
Let’s get ready to rumble
Each SCS challenge will require the user to solve a problem. All questions are designed to be solvable by mid-level application developers in one hour or less. The 44th challenge is shown below.
A hobbyist has taken a jpeg image. He wishes to programmatically add text to the jpeg image.
The image is located at http://www.gnazzo.net/ImagesSave/ShellyIPad/IMG_0005.JPG
The 2 lines of text he wishes to place on the image are:
- Date of the image “11/27/2016”
- Title of the image “Fun at Caribou Coffee”
The text must be centered and placed at the bottom of the image. The text should be white in color with a black background.
- Center the 2 lines of text at the bottom of the page.
- Text should be white in color.
- Text background should have a black background.
- Winner will be judged on accuracy and completeness of the solution.
- Contestant challenge submittals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line SCS Coding Challenge #44.
- Reponses to Challenge #44 should be received by 5:00 pm CDT, November 30th, 2018.
- In the event of a tie between two or more winning solutions, the first solution received will receive the prize; however, all submitters with good solutions will be recognized.
- Employees of SCS are not eligible to participate in the coding challenge.
The best solution submitted will receive an Amazon.com gift certificate worth $25.00 (U.S. dollars) and have the winning solution, along with the winner’s name, on the SCS website: www.teamscs.com.