Challenge 43 – Roll the Bones
To perform effectively as a software application developer, one must be acquainted with various facets of application development. To test the skills of application developers, Superior Consulting Services (SCS) offers a series of technical coding challenges designed to challenge and educate application developers. This blog addresses problem solving and algorithm development, and presents SCS’ forty third (43rd) challenge: Roll the Bones.
Let’s get ready to rumble
Each SCS challenge will require the user to solve a problem. All questions are designed to be solvable by mid-level application developers in one hour or less. The 43rd challenge is shown below.
A Microsoft Azure function has been created. This function is able to produce a random result of a dice roll. Input into the function are:
- numberOfSides (sides on the dice 2 – 100)
- numberOfDice (number of dice 2 – 100)
The address of the function is:
The objective of this challenge is to create a client application which can call the above function, get a result, and show the result.
- Create a client application to call a previously created Microsoft Azure function.
- Show the result of the Azure Function Call through a simple user interface.
- Any technology may be used.
- Winner will be judged on accuracy and completeness of the solution.
- Contestant challenge submittals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line SCS Coding Challenge #43.
- Reponses to Challenge #43 should be received by 5:00 pm CDT, October 31st, 2018.
- In the event of a tie between two or more winning solutions, the first solution received will receive the prize; however, all submitters with good solutions will be recognized.
- Employees of SCS are not eligible to participate in the coding challenge.
The best solution submitted will receive an Amazon.com gift certificate worth $25.00 (U.S. dollars) and have the winning solution, along with the winner’s name, on the SCS website: www.teamscs.com.