Challenge 42 – You Complete Me
To perform effectively as a software application developer, one must be acquainted with various facets of application development. To test the skills of application developers, Superior Consulting Services (SCS) offers a series of technical coding challenges designed to challenge and educate application developers. This blog addresses problem solving and algorithm development, and presents SCS’ forty second (42nd) challenge: You Complete Me.
Let’s get ready to rumble
Each SCS challenge will require the user to solve a problem. All questions are designed to be solvable by mid-level application developers in one hour or less. The 42nd challenge is shown below.
Given the following class, write all the code necessary to make the class compilable and runnable WITHOUT altering the class and file in any way.
The following code will be used as a test harness to make sure the code above compiles and executes correctly.
- Write all the code necessary to make the class compilable and runnable WITHOUT altering the class in any way.
- Winner will be judged on accuracy and completeness of the solution.
- Contestant challenge submittals should be emailed to email@example.com, Subject Line SCS Coding Challenge #42.
- Reponses to Challenge #42 should be received by 5:00 pm CDT, September 30th, 2018.
- In the event of a tie between two or more winning solutions, the first solution received will receive the prize; however, all submitters with good solutions will be recognized.
- Employees of SCS are not eligible to participate in the coding challenge.
The best solution submitted will receive an Amazon.com gift certificate worth $25.00 (U.S. dollars) and have the winning solution, along with the winner’s name, on the SCS website: www.teamscs.com.