Challenge 33 – What is the Correct answer to this problem?
To perform effectively as a software application developer, one must be acquainted with various facets of application development. To test the skills of application developers, Superior Consulting Services (SCS) offers a series of technical coding challenges designed to challenge and educate application developers. This blog addresses business analysis and presents SCS’ thirty third (33rd) challenge: What is the correct answer to this problem?
Let’s get ready to rumble
Each SCS challenge will require the user to solve a problem. All questions are designed to be solvable by mid-level application developers in one hour or less. The 33rd challenge is shown below.
Challenge #33 involves solving a simple math problem.
5 equations are presented.
The goal is to find the result of the 5th equation.
- X + 2Y = 23
- Y – Z = 6
- -Z + X = 17
- R = true
- !R || R && (Y==3) ? X % 6 : Z + 2 = ?
- Contestant challenge submittals should be emailed to email@example.com, Subject Line SCS Coding Challenge #33.
- Reponses to Challenge #33 should be received by 5:00 pm CDT, November 30th, 2017.
- In the event of a tie between two or more winning solutions, the first solution received will receive the prize; however, all submitters with good solutions will be recognized.
- Employees of SCS are not eligible to participate in the coding challenge.
The best solution submitted will receive an Amazon.com gift certificate worth $25.00 (U.S. dollars) and have the winning solution, along with the winner’s name, on the SCS website: www.teamscs.com.