Challenge 27 – An Array of Possibilities
To perform effectively as a software application developer, one must be acquainted with various facets of application development. To test the skills of application developers, Superior Consulting Services (SCS) offers a series of technical coding challenges designed to challenge and educate application developers. This blog addresses application programming and presents SCS’ twenty seventh (27th) challenge: An Array of Possibilities.
Let’s get ready to rumble…
Each SCS challenge will require the user to solve a problem and present their approach through a coded solution. All questions are designed to be solvable by mid-level application developers in one hour or less. The 27th challenge is shown below.
This challenge involves creating a function that creates and initializes an array of N-dimensions, of type integer, setting initial values, then iterating through the array multiplying each element by a specific value, then adding the value of each element together and returning the number.
The prototype of the function could look like this:
The following are the requirements for coding Challenge #27.
Create a function that performs the following work based upon input values:
- Creates an N-dimensional array of integers.
- Initialize each value with a specific value.
- Iterate through the array and multiply each element by another specific value.
- Add the values of each element together, and return the result.
Any programming language may be used.
The winner of the coding challenge will meet the above requirements correctly, in the least amount of code. Any programming language may be used.
- Contestant challenge submittals should be emailed to email@example.com, Subject Line SCS Coding Challenge #27.
- Reponses to Challenge #27 should be received by 5:00 pm CDT, May 31st, 2017.
- In the event of a tie between two or more winning solutions, the first solution received will receive the prize; however, all submitters with good solutions will be recognized.
- Employees of SCS are not eligible to participate in the coding challenge.
The best solution submitted will receive an Amazon.com gift certificate worth $25.00 (U.S. dollars) and have the winning solution, along with the winner’s name, on the SCS website: www.teamscs.com.