Challenge 11 – Improve this Code Snippet
To perform effectively as a C# software application developer, one must be acquainted with various facets of the C# programming language. To test the skills of application developers, Superior Consulting Services (SCS) offers a series of technical coding challenges designed to challenge and educate C# application developers. This blog addresses C# basics and presents SCS’ 11th challenge: C# Coding.
Let’s get ready to rumble… C# style
Below is the 11th challenge. Each SCS challenge will require the user to solve a problem and present their approach through a coded solution. All questions are designed to be solvable by mid-level C# application developers in one hour or less.
Challenge #11 involves implementing the following code as a method that may be reused by multiple projects. Consider adding the following to make application more readable and maintainable:
- C# 6.0 features (String Interpolation, etc.)
- Conventional Exception Handling (try, catch)
- Logical Method Signature
- Intuitive Naming Convention
- The Method should contain all appropriate attribution, decoration, typing, and punctuation.
- The program, including the created method must compile, build and run without errors or warnings.
- Contestant challenge submittals should be emailed to email@example.com, Subject Line SCS Coding Challenge #11.
- Reponses to Challenge #11 should be received by 5:00 pm CDT, January 31, 2016.
- In the event of a tie between two or more winning solutions, the first solution received will receive the prize; however, all submitters with correct solutions will be recognized.
- Employees of SCS are not eligible to participate in the coding challenge.
The best solution submitted will receive an Amazon gift certificate worth $25.00 and have the winning solution, along with the winner’s name, on the SCS website: www.teamscs.com.