Test 1 – Skinny Method
To perform effectively as a C# software application developer, one must be acquainted with various facets of the C# programming language. To test the skills of application developers, Superior Consulting Services (SCS) offers a series of technical coding challenges designed to challenge and educate C# application developers. This blog addresses C# basics and presents SCS’ first challenge: C# Coding.
Let’s get ready to rumble… C# style
Below is the first challenge. Each SCS challenge will require the user to solve a problem and present their approach through a coded solution. All questions are designed to be solvable by mid-level C# application developers in one hour or less. The first challenge is below.
Following standard design principles, coding standards and naming conventions, create the smallest C# method possible.
1. The Method should contain all appropriate attribution, decoration, typing, and punctuation
2. When embedded into a C# application or class library, the method must compile, build and run without errors or warnings.
3. Contestant challenge submittals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line SCS Coding Challenge #1
4. Reponses to Challenge #1 should be received by 5:00 pm CDT, April 2, 2015
5. In the event of a tie between two or more winning solutions, the first solution received will receive the prize; however, all submitters with correct solutions will be recognized.
6. Employees of SCS are not eligible to participate in the coding challenge.
The best solution submitted will receive an Amazon gift certificate worth $25.00 and have the winning solution along with the winner’s name on the SCS website: www.teamscs.com.